The mission of the Institute is to facilitate the development of Latvian economy in the regions and in the country as a whole, preparing based on researches, competent assessments and opinions on ongoing processes in the economy of Latvia, Baltics and Europe, as well as elaborating recommendations related to development opportunities of economy.
The Institute of Latvian Academy of Sciences is a stable, independent, scientific organisation that:
• accumulates and analyses the information about topical problems of economy;
• carries out scientific researches in the area of economy and other areas of social sciences, as well as in interdisciplinary spheres;
• provides informative, methodical and scientific support to research activities in the area of social sciences;
• carries out independent, qualified analysis and estimation of draft laws prepared by state institutions on the subject of economic area;
• gives consultations on the topics of social economic development processes in the country, regions, organisations;
• elaborates recommendations aimed to improvement of formation and implementation of economic policy;
• informs the government and the society about the situation in the economy and about possible development tendencies of it;
• stimulates commercialisation of inventions and cooperation between scientists and entrepreneurs;
• elaborates and leads international projects of European union and others;
• organizes round table discussions, conferences, economic forums and other scientific educational activities.