Dr. oec. Jānis Počs
- 1968 – 1970 Latvia State University, Faculty of Physics and Mathematics, Department of Physics
- 1970 – 1980 Correspondence Department of Industrial Economics, Faculty of Economics, State University of Latvia, economist
- 1986 – 1990 LAS Institute of Economics, postgraduate part-time department
- 2004 – present Institute of Economics of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, researcher, project manager
- 1970 – 2001 Institute of Economics of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, Laboratory programmer, economist. senior research associate, deputy director in scientific work
- 1993 – 1995 Transfer, lecturer at the market economy training fund “Transfer” employed by the Swiss government
- 1990 – 1993 Department of Municipal Economic Problems, senior researcher
Languages: Latvian, Russian, German, English
- Municipal economic problems and regional economy
- State tax policy and its impact on economic development
- State and local government entrepreneurship during the privatization period
- Cadastral valuation of land and real estate
- Latvian industry in the EU economic environment
- Development of intersectoral integration in Latvia
- Cultural industry and the impact of the economic environment on it
- Investment in population generation and its economic return, 2010-2013.
- The Impact of Latvian Tax Policy on the Cultural Sector and the Cultural Market in the Context of the EU and Member States, Research Commissioned by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Latvia, 2008-2009.
- “Song and Dance Festival in a Changing Economic Environment”, commissioned research, 2008-2009.
- Research on human value determination (calculation) methodologies, 2007.
- Analysis of starting a business and self-employment, commissioned by the Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia, 2006.
- A set of measures to increase and equalize the economic polarity of Latvia’s regions in the new economic and political conditions, a state grant was awarded, 2004.
- Conditions for the Establishment of Complexes of Interrelated Sectors for Increasing and Balancing the Economic Potential of Latvia’s Regions, State Grant Awarded, 2001-2003.
- Latvian industry in the European economic environment, state grant awarded, 1998-2000.
- Functions of the Ministry of MEPRD and the Housing Agency to be Established Under It and Their Mutual Distribution, CDzMPK Order, 2001.
- Evaluation of urban development instruments and preparation of proposals for the concept of urban development policy, commissioned by MEPRD, 2000.
- Results and costs of state and local government property privatization. Efficiency of privatization institutions, customer Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia, 1998-1999.
- Land reform and privatization. Gains and losses of land privatization,, customer Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia, 1997.
- Situation of enterprises after privatization. On the benefits and losses of privatization, commissioned by the Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia, 1997.
- Forecast of the use of privatization certificates. Indicators characterizing the privatization process of state revenue,, customer Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia, 1997.
- Development and movement of state and municipal enterprises privatization period,, customer Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia, 1996.
- Development and movement of state and municipal enterprises privatization period, 1996.