Dr. geogr., Dr. hab. oec.(demogr.) Pārsla Eglīte
Education, scientific degrees:
- 1998 Corresponding member of the LAS
- 1997. Dr.hab.oec. (Demogr.) Degree on the set of works “Demographic Behavior of Latvian Population”.
- 1968. Doctor of Geography degree with the dissertation “Formation of Latvian Urban Population”
- 1958. University of Latvia, Faculty of Geography
- 1961- present at the LAS Institute of Economics, researcher, leading researcher, research project manager
- 1959-1961 LBAS sports association “Daugava” Tourist, mountaineering club instructor
- 1958. Sigulda tourist base, instructor
Languages: Latvian, Russian, English
- Changes in the number, composition and location of the Latvian population, their objective and subjective factors, demographic behavior;
- Substantiation and evaluation of the state demographic policy;
- Population health and vital behavior.
Scientific publications (scientific articles, monographs, books, including textbooks, reports and conference reports)
- Eglīte P. The Challenge of Emigration for Population policy in Latvia. Uncertain Transformations – New Domestic and International Challenges. Proceedings of the International Conference, Riga, November 9-11, 2006, Riga: University of Latvia, 2006, 325-331 pp.
- Eglīte P. (co – author) LATVIA. National Development Report 2006/2007. Human capital: is my gold my nation? Riga: LU Institute of Social and Political Research, 2007, 117 pages.
- Eglīte P. Differences in the set of conditions promoting depopulation in the regions of Latvia. Generation change and migration in Latvia // Strategic Analysis Commission. Scientific research articles. Riga: Science, 2007, Nr. 4 (15), 118-129. p.p.
- Geographical mobility of the workforce. European Union Structural Funds National Program “Labor Market Research” project “Research of the Ministry of Welfare” No. VPD1 / ESF / NVA / 04 / NP / 18.104.22.168. / 0003. Project manager: Zaiga Krišjāne. Research group: Andris Bauls, Māris Bērziņš, Māris Brants, Zane Cunska, Pārsla Eglīte, Ilze Gnedovska, Broņislavs Ivbulis, Galina Kaņējeva, Gatis Kristaps, Ženija Krūzmetra, Laila Kūle, Aija Lulle, Ieva Titova, Sanita Vanaga, Armands Vilcins, Inna Broņislava Zariņa. Riga: University of Latvia, 2007, XII + 240 pages.
- Eglīte P. National Policy for Increasing the Birth Rate in Latvia. Humanities and Social Sciences. Latvia. 1 (54) / 2008, pp. 26-43.
- Eglīte P., Krišjāne Z. Dimensions and Effects of Labor Migration to EU Countries; the Case of Latvia. EU Labor Migration since Enlargement. England, ASHGATE, 2009, 269-290 pp.
- Eglīte P., Pavlina I. (Contributors). The Baltic Countries: Population, Family and Family Policy. Vilnius: Institute for Social Research, 2009, 286 p.
- Eglīte P. Response to Family Policy in Latvia. Promotion of Social Policies – an Investment in the Future. Riga: European Commission Representation in Latvia, University of Latvia, 2009, 114-125 pp.
- Eglīte P. Birth and Family Policy in Latvia 1990-2009. per year. LAS News, Part A, 2011, Volume 65, no. 3./4., 17.-33. p.
- Eglīte P. Demographic, Social and Moral Consequences of the Soviet Occupation in Latvia. LAS News, Part A, 2011, Volume 65, no. 3./4., 86.106. p.
- Eglīte P., Počs J., Gņedovska I., Ivbulis B. Reflections on the inhabitants of Latvia / Nr. 15. Human value and its numerical expression. Riga, 2013, 166 pages.
- Eglīte P. Demographic Policy in Soviet Latvia // The Baltic States in the USSR: from Post-Stalinism to Reconstruction. 1953-1990. Riga: LU Institute of Latvian History, 2014, 89.-93. p.