Market research on foreign markets in the field of health tourism
Aim of the project: to study medical services in foreign markets (Finland, Sweden, Norway, United Kingdom and Ireland), analyzing information on available medical services, their price groups in the respective foreign markets to determine directions for Latvian health tourism companies, Latvian health tourism cluster members it would be most appropriate and efficient to work.
The research is carried out in order to purposefully implement the Latvian health tourism marketing plan to be further developed for the effective positioning and sale of services provided by Latvian health tourism cluster companies.
The research was carried out by the European Union Fund project no. 220.127.116.11/16/A/010 “Latvian Health Tourism Cluster” funding.
Implementation period: 2017.12.27 - 2018.06.30
Research on business support system implementation possibilites in Latvia and Lithuania
The aim of the research: to perform the analysis of business support environment for effective cooperation of business support institutions in Latvia and Lithuania. The research is carried out in the project “Development and availability of business support system in Zemgale, Kurzeme and Northern Lithuania” of the Latvian-Lithuanian cross-border cooperation program for 2014-2020 (Interreg VA Latvia-Lithuania 2014–2020). the availability in Zemgale, Kurzeme and Northern Lithuania (Business Support).
Implementation period: 2017.10.06 - 2018.06.30
(Project Nr. 2020-2-DE04-KA205-019926) Erasmus+: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices , Strategic Partnerships for youth
The project “STREAMpreneur” aims to improve youth entrepreneurial skills, promote innovation and
sustainable solutions to real-life problems existing in Europe and beyond, by introducing “STREAM
Entrepreneurship” among youth workers and providing them with knowledge and tools to implement it their daily youth work. By introducing research (R) and arts (A) to traditional STEM, as one of the core elements of discovering new knowledge, STREAM (science, technology, research, engineering, art and math), will provide a well-rounded learning experience.
Project Coordinator: HeurekaNet – Freies Institut für Bildung, Forschung und Innovation e.V. (Germany)
Implementation period: 2020.12.01 - 2022.11.30
Doctrine “The most significant quantitative and qualitative aspects of the strategic development of the Latvian state in the 21st century: the concept of development until 2050”
Aim of the study – based on a detailed STEPE-SWOT analysis of the current situation in Latvia, based on a systemic approach, the project will offer innovations for economic sustainability, develop measures and recommendations for Latvia’s economic recovery, COVID-19 crisis and other potential crises, strengthening Latvia’s interests and competitiveness for long-term socio-economic development, as well as recommendations on the necessary changes and possibilities for their implementation in legislative initiatives and strategic planning documents.
The study analyzes the country’s demographic, welfare, open and inclusive society, employment issues by assessing the development of the country’s social, governance, ecological, technological and economic subsystems (including monetary and fiscal policy) to increase Latvia’s long-term competitiveness.
Implementation period: 2020.03.01 - 2021.05.31
Europe’s Regional Partnership for Gender Equality in the Digital Age (EQUALS-EU)
(Project Nr. 101006396) Horizon2020 Science with and for Society SwafS-26-2020 (CSA)EQUALS-EU aims to promote gender equity in social innovation and helps eliminate gender bias by directly integrating and raising the profile of women and girls as leaders in social innovation and entrepreneurship (WP2 to 4). It is focusing on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and power skills and leadership positions in the ICT industry.
The above aims are complemented by the following specific objectives:
- Develop hands on activities in the form of interdisciplinary, inter-sectoral, innovation camps and hackathons7 focused on digital inclusion and with a specific focus on sustainable gender equity practices
- Hold high-level seminars in conjunction with existing flagship initiatives at the UN and EU, including the World Summit on the Information Society, Generation Equality Forum, Women in Digital, Girls in ICT Days, and European Development Days.
- Conduct a combination of online and face-to-face mentoring, training, and lifelong learning programs and courses focused on business and professional development and hosted by successful social entrepreneurs, advocates, and experts, including both men and women
- Co-innovate and implement gender-inclusive policy and business development tools in conjunction with stakeholders in the public, private, and civil society sectors
- Increase entrepreneurial competences through international academic cooperation including the development of joint international summer schools, digital learning materials and tools that promote research collaboration, student mobility, and work placements.
- Inspire the next generation of innovators by elevating a new group of leaders, role models, and advocates for gender equity in social innovation and entrepreneurship
Budget: €1 641 004, 38
Project Coordinator: STORBYUNIVERSITETET (OsloMet) (Norway)
Implementation period: 2021.01.01 - 2023.11.01